Monday, September 21, 2009

Aboard the m/s Amsterdam

On Saturday I boarded the m/s Amsterdam at Pier 91 in Seattle with five of my most seasoned cruising clients to hear Holland America's presentation on their grand voyages. Just stepping aboard the ship made me painfully aware of my addiction to cruise ships. If only I could stowaway on the m/s Amsterdam's last sailing to Alaska in 2009...... As usual, Stein Kruse and his Grand Voyages' team put on a class act. In addition to viewing some stunning photos of the many exotic locations that the m/s Amsterdam and the m/s Prinsendam visit, I was struck by the stories of the deep friendships that fellow passengers develop over the course of their journey.

After the presentation, 200 Holland America clients, prospects and travel agents sat down to a delicious lunch in the La Fontaine dining room. My rack of lamb was a perfect "medium rare," the wine flowed freely and I enjoyed hearing about my clients' cruising adventures.


Holland America's ships are well-known for their exquisite art collections. The centerpiece of the m/s Amsterdam Atrium is the magnificent and stunning astrolabe, an ancient celestial clock with four faces: the astrolabe itself, a planetarium, the world time, and an astrological clock. You really need to see it for yourself as I don't do it much justice standing in front of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment