Saturday, January 2, 2010

My New Year's Resolution

Happy New Year! It's a great time to put my New Year's Resolution in writing.

This is the year that Cruise Holidays of Bellevue is going to evolve from a brick-and-mortal old world retail travel agency into a successful virtual cruise travel agency with the ability to serve our clients effectively whether we're tasting fine French wines on a river cruise on the Rhône or trying to dazzle the Québécois with our French on a pre-cruise tour in Montreal.

Booking cruises is a labor intensive business that can generate tons of paper including various iterations of cruise confirmations from the cruise lines and God knows how many renditions of printed invoices from the agency. Rather than filling up file drawers full of printed reservation details, I'm committed to establishing electronic files with the same information so that I can access it anywhere at any time. Mailing paper cruise documents isn't much of an issue anymore as most of the cruise lines have migrated to electronic cruise documents or eDocs.

What are you looking for when you book a cruise with a travel agent rather than booking it on-line? Aren't you looking for someone who has a passion for cruising, who knows a thing a two about cruise lines, cruise ships and the cruising experience and who just might be able to provide some advice on how to make the ports of call come alive for you?

If so, I can tell you that a travel agent doesn't gain that experience shuffling paper in the office.

So in 2010, I'm going to get organized so that I spend less time in the office and more time discovering the remarkable world we live in and sharing it with you.

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! I applaud your goal to spend less time in the office and more time discovering the greater world. Wouldn't it be nice if we could all have that goal?

    Your blog is interesting. I enjoy it.

    Clay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Colleen! I'm so glad to see you not only doing what you love but sharing that with the rest of us in a way that makes travel easier and relevant to current modes of communication. It's a delight to check into your blog and get a mini-vacation experience sitting at my computer. Your approach is definitely the one I want when it's time for me to get away, really away, for an adventure and exploration. Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete