Friday, October 16, 2009

Flamenco

When I travel I make a point of participating in an activity that helps me to understand the culture of the country or region I am visiting. So when in Barcelona I decided to take in a flamenco show which included a buffet dinner of many tasty traditional Spanish dishes. Tablao Cordobes, located on the vibrant La Rambla, puts on a spectacular show. From the front row, I was able to get a very personal view of the intricate and dazzling moves of the flamenco dancers who were exhilarating and sexy in their colorful costumes.

You can either book dinner and the show or the show only. However, you have a much better chance of getting a front row seat if you book both dinner and the show. The showroom is a small, intimate setting and the seats aren’t tiered so getting a front row seat is important in order to appreciate the talent and power of the flamenco dancers.

More photos of Tablao Cordobes
Photos of La Rambla

No comments:

Post a Comment