Thursday, October 8, 2009

Welcome to Barcelona!

Steve and arrived in Barcelona yesterday after spending close to 12 hours in an uncomfortable seated position in a long narrow aluminum tube in the sky. After claiming our luggage, I was thankful that I had arranged private ground transportation. I’ve done this numerous times for my clients but this was the first that I had arranged a limo for myself and Steve. Was I ever glad I did. Our driver was waiting for us with a smile, helped us with our luggage and shared his stories about growing up in Barcelona on the way to the hotel. When you arrive in a new city under the influence of jet lag, it sure is nice not to have to think about negotiating for a taxi.

Hotel Astoria is a charming boutique hotel well-located in the Eixample neighborhood. We arrived at noon and were thankful that our room was ready for us because we were just dying to do such things as brush our teeth and take a nice hot shower. We were also grateful that the water pressure in the shower was generous and hot as we felt pretty grubby after a very long day of traveling. I just love to feel the hot water streaming over me as I slowly begin to relax and rejoice about arriving in an exciting new city.

Newly refreshed, we decided to explore the streets of Barcelona……

Photos of scenes from Barcelona

No comments:

Post a Comment